We Love Submissions
Just get back from a ceremony and have a great experience you want to share with the world? Love to write about ayahuasca, travel, adventures, secret places, travel gadgets, adventure equipment (like trekking poles), and want to inspire others?
Heroic-Adventures.com welcomes unsolicited article submissions.
What Kinds of Submissions Do We Love?
Our articles tend to be first-person narratives in the range of 1,000 – 2,000 words, however these are both suggestions and not rules.
We also publish “Top 10″ pieces, location overviews, and long-form pieces. We only require that your piece be interesting, informative and inspiring for future travelers.
Please spend some time reviewing articles currently on the site to get an idea for the types of articles our audience prefers to read.
We also consider the following factors in helping to decide whether to publish an article:
1) Does the article include relevant, original photography? (We suggest including a link to your relevant photos stored on an online service such as Flickr.)
2) Did the author provide their social media outlet numbers?
We love our articles to be shared, and the larger the following an author has on social media, the more likely this is going to happen.
Tips on Pitching
- For some good tips on how to write a great travel piece (and what not to do), check out this article.
- For some tips on writing a great query letter, try this article.
- Finally, our needs are always changing and we often have writing opportunities arise for certain topics or areas.
- If you would like to be contacted via e-mail for future writing assignments, please contact us via this form this form.